I'm on holiday!
Arrrrrr me hearties!The booze cruise was on Wednesday, which is a pleasant evening consisting of everyone getting on a boat, floating around for a couple of hours and ending up at the same place at the end of the night. Or so I'm told. My version goes a little like this:- Catch train into the city dressed as pirate. Get on boat, go to bar. Hide beers in the pier for when we get back. Meet lots of new people, since only 4 from our year turned up. Lose Andy's sword overboard in a freak accident. Apologise to Andy by phone. Talk to random people. Wake up in bed still in Pirate costume, a sore neck (?), and take day off due to inability to move. A pretty good night!
In the picture:- (Disco) Stu, Narelle, me with parrot, Jase, and Liz
I've also finished my last clinical placement, thank god. The last practice ended up being really nice, the people there were really friendly etc.. I got to do loads of surgery and am quite comfortable with routine stuff now, but in the end my learning was grinding to a slow halt. So now I have two weeks off. Plans? Get an Aussie driving licence without having to surrender my UK one (big argument coming up), start my study for finals which will no doubt result in lots of gardening etc, and get a bow and start learning to play the saw. Yes, the saw. Because I feel like it.
Spring has arrived (officially declared since the appearance of the super-goldfish who have now survived two winters in the sludge we call a pond.), so I intend to enjoy as much sunshine and relaxation whilst I can. So sod this computer, I'm off to sunbathe (or sunbake, as the Aussies quite appropriately call it)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home