Pommy Rantings

25 September, 2006

Beer and music

Hi there!

Well, the holidays have been going, well, fast. The good news is unlike the usual me, I've actually completed everything I said I was going to do. I now have an Aussie driving licence (lost the fight. My English licence has now been cancelled...) I started studying and as predicted this resulted in a mint condition garden (ish)

I also bought a saw to play. The only bow I could find was over $100, so I decided against and experiment with just hitting the thing in the right spot. Not quite the serene sounds its supposed to give out, but its the student alternative to music and doubles it up as a percussion instrument. So far all I can play is a mutant of the x-file/dr who theme tunes, with some imagination...

Friday- Mountain goat brewery. For all of you on this side of the planet, it really is a must. The beer is out of this world (well, a lot tastier than other Aussie beers) AND the bonus table-football that thinks its a slot machine- score a goal, and between 0 and 6 balls reemerge for you to play with! The best spent dollar ever, kept us playing for a good hour!

I'm starting to look for housemates for next year, since mine are leaving for the country and Sydney... Any one interested in a stint in Melbourne? Cheap living, good fun, nice weather...

Finally- trying to get an idea of who is reading this, so please leave a message if you visit!

1 Comments:

  • Humph. I'm reading. But i don't count. Isn't it sad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home