Pommy Rantings

06 October, 2006

Pre-exam blog


2 weeks since last post. Bad phil.
Cat and I are celebrating being together for 4 years! We had a splashout celebration last week: stayed in posh hotel in the city on the 25th floor, complimentary champagne, and a very posh dinner. Was a great evening, a fitting celebration for our latest landmark.
Highlights (other than spending an evening with Cat of course) include valet parking my dented not-been-cleaned-for-years Hyundai, "free" souvenir towel, having someone deliver our two small rucksacks to our rooms, and of course a stupidly large widescreen TV... Each. Shame those weren't complimentary.
Although- you'd think they'd tune the TV's for widescreen settings wouldn't you? There's something mightily disappointing about having such a large TV and not getting the whole picture...
Unfortunately this is probably the last time I'll write a blog entry for a while. The whole exam thing is creeping up and I'm not finding much spare time for study. Moan moan moan. I'm currently doing a clinical pathology elective at uni, which basically involves looking down a microscope all day. Don't get me wrong, its actually a really great elective, learning a billion things a minute that will be really useful when I'm out in practice. Here's a basic picture for inspiration. The only problem is that it involves HOMEWORK, which is a concept I'd tried to forget about...
Anyways, I'm off, I gotta give a talk about acute renal failure. Fun.

1 Comments:

  • Phil,
    It is now much more than 2 weeks since your last blog. Shame on you!

    I have a vague recollection of a big bright orange thing in the sky. Sometimes I even got to see it on weekdays. Tell us about that will you? Or the cell biology of a cat. That is always a good read.

    Ps
    Is it possible to milk a cat? I have always wondered that ever since Ben Stiller talked about it in Meet the Parents.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home