Pommy Rantings

19 November, 2006

Catching up with it all

OK, so been celebrating a lot and finally found some time to update the blog. I have a feeling this could be a long one, so I'll do a summary at the end for those of you who are busy.

SO- EXAMS. Well, to be honest, they were exams. A month locked up revising and going crazy, mostly due to my insane housemate, then a stretch of killer orals are never fun, and there's no way I'm going to pretend they were. Although, I'm going to emphasise the tense WERE. Because they are no more. The exams are dead, long live the rest of my life!

POST-EXAMS. What you'd expect after 5 years at uni! Celebrations have been prolonged, and I write this in what I can only call an interlude- ie a night I can still legally drive. The pub-crawl which was planned by my other house-mate, our dear Yaz, turned out to be more of a move-when-pub-closes, due to people's general laziness. In fairness, why walk away from a functional bar?
The highlights included Cat finding a wedding ring and in the darkness bind them. Sorry, in the pubness bind any two people as new couples. Stu, our society president being thrown out of the pub about half way through the night (and sources tell me that he decorated the house when he got back) Andy, my housemate, making friends with random people who then took him out till 6am (which wasn't a highlight, as I wasn't there to receive the many free shots he got. The funny part for me was getting Andy's voice from the grave the next day as he regained consciousness and his head regained pain sensation) Oh, and lychee vodka. Weird.

Andy with weird people

Of course, the best part of the week was hearing I hadn't been called back for an exam, meaning that I was finally through all the torture- this was fortunate, as I had destroyed my horse notes against a tree following a less-than-average performance in the oral...

Then off to Sydney, via a friend's place for a party which involved the necessary events such as poker, 21s and a combination of Jagermeister and Tequila.
Sydney was brilliant- what a plan, we left the clouds behind and spent a week on the billions of beaches up there, hosted by our own Kirsten (from our surgery group) Highlights included beach, sun, waves, tennis, and Kirsten's dad telling us he's on a diet and "you guys have the millions of bottles of beer in the fridge" whilst feeding us calamari and king prawns on the BBQ... Sweet. Though the 10 hour drive each way was a killer, my bum is still numb.

Next week I spend on a boat, with 11 other people, with no real plans other than.. well... dunno really. Float?

It's a tough life...

(executive summary- Exams over, passed. Celebrated 24/7 since and for at least another month. Went to Sydney, saw the bridge on way to beach. Going on a boat next week, need to remember how to swim- we're driving it...)

P.S. Will, it is possible to milk a cat. A friend milks his dog Winnie once in a while, he calls it winnie-chinos.

1 Comments:

  • Phil, when you say "Cat finding a wedding ring", she didn't by any chance find it in a velvet box that was sitting in the palm of your hand did she?

    Do like the sound of calimari, prawns and beer though, while floating around the ocean. Did I tell you I've decided to move to Cuba? Only 11 years and 3 months to go!

    Finally, I've just noticed from your picture that we both have the same sandals. Score.

    Anyway, well done and lets hope you never have to go through the misery of giving a horse oral again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home