Graduation day!
Hey Blog readers!
It finally happened on Saturday- after so many years of toil I've finally become a vet!! So I don't get numerous comments about it, especially from Andy, yes I am now Dr Phil. Haha.
It finally happened on Saturday- after so many years of toil I've finally become a vet!! So I don't get numerous comments about it, especially from Andy, yes I am now Dr Phil. Haha.
The ceremony was as dull as I'd been told- you sit there for a while clapping people you've never heard of, then all of a sudden you get up, get handed a piece of paper and before you've realised you're sitting down and clapping randoms again. No-one fell down, which was very boring. The PhD people got their project read out, which meant it took twice as long to get through as it should have done, though provided some interesting talk- a guy who concluded that the state of football grounds are a big factor for injury (duh), some guy who investigated sadomasachism, and a bunch of people who successfully proved that their idea didn't actually work. Guys, do a PhD, it sounds easy!
Then was the big evening party, at a swanky hotel. Lots of prizes given out, none received by me (I blame the faculty for the oversight:) though I was disappointed with the beer flow- for an open bar, you just about had to blackmail the waitering staff into bringing a drink for you. One of the highlights of course will be gate-crashing the Sri Lankan dentist convention in the neighbouring function room- only white guys there, and not in traditional dress, was not what you'd call subtle. Turns out they were great people though, taught us some traditional dancing (before the guy had to sit down to prevent the heart attack)
Evening finished as you'd expect in a bar which charged far too much, with people half-asleep in the corner etc..
Having now recovered I'm looking forward to going to Uluru and Perth with the family, starting thursday. Anyone been? Any tips?


4 Comments:
Well done Phil, but surely you could have had a haircut for your own graduation? Bloody hippy.
Take a swimming costume to Kings Canyon so you can swim in the rock pool at the Garden of Eden. And if like me, you think it may be fun to spend a week in the desert taking only a daily Australian shower (i.e. quick spray of Lynx, no water), don't! You will certainly live to regret it.
By
Anonymous, at 1:10 AM
Hey i liked Gin Palace. And given you got charged $7 for VB in Lygon St, $7 for Little Creature Pilsner isn't that bad. Ha ha you're Dr Phil... that's funny.
By
Pygmaeus, at 8:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By
Anonymous, at 7:03 PM
salut phil
c est nico .
bon j sais pas lire l anglais mais les photo parle d elle meme!
tu a fini t es etude.
BRAVO ET ENCORE BRAVO!!!
boit pas trop de bierre pour fété ca!
ahahah c est moi qui ecrit sa!!!
fait bien la féte
see you phil
By
Anonymous, at 12:10 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home