Pommy Rantings

21 January, 2007

Keep movin movin movin

HELLO world!
What a weird week its been- one of the vets is away, so had to work 9-7 Thursday as well as usual shifts, meaning I got nothing done on the outside world, clever things such as connecting the electricity to my new place so that the fridge could actually run when we got there.
Friday ended up being my most stressful day so far, mostly because of a difficult operation that threw me (you know things are tough when two vets and one nurse are scrubbed in to the op), which dominoed onto the rest of the day. Boss gave me the day off on Saturday, must have looked very stressed. Twas great though, managed to make it to the real estate agent and get a new house as a result. So kindly Cat, Alex, and Eliza (Cat's siblings) came to my help today, as I drove a big van thingy around town- although the stupid thing seems to have an in-built cut-out system that liked to kick in as soon as I was in the middle of the freeway, felt like I was driving G's campervan- having to stop three times before abandoning the idea of freeway and going the back roads.
So I've moved in to the new place, almost got a g'day back from one neighbour, and the BBQ has found a spot in the garden. All I need to do know is fit 100 boxes of stuff into one cupboard... I hate moving.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Moving is such fun, we've just moved in with the mother-in-law whilst waiting to exchange contract on our shiney new house! So we will have to do it all again in a few weeks what fun.
    Finished at Rosemount on 20/01/07 and not starting new Job until until 01/02/07 so slacking out till then.
    Oh yeah "that voice screaming in the back of your head" is a perfectly normal side effect of the profession, in my experience alcohol usually makes it go away.
    TTFN Charlotte

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:40 AM  

  • BBQ = Braai

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home