Pommy Rantings

18 March, 2007

Cars

I remember about ten years ago dad got hit from behind whilst driving us home. His poor old Jag had only been on the road for a short while. He got out and assessed the damage. Having concluded that there didn't seem to be even any paint damage, he told the lady to be on her way. A few days later he realised the exhaust was hanging lower than usual...
This story comes to mind becasue I was hit a month ago, out in the street at Cat's place. The lady was good enough to come and find me in the house to confess, so didn't really feel like I could take her to the cleaners and get my car re-sprayed... Anyways, no damage was done except a small break in my parking light. We agreed that she could get me a new piece of glas for the light and call it quits.
WELL. She did get me the glass, took her a while to track it down. Very nice lady. But when I went to change the glass, I found a smashed lightbulb inside the smashed housing. Dammit.
Let this be a lesson for everyone. It may look fine on the outside, but stupid bumpers bend a lot and break things then go back to normal. Don;t trust them.

2 Comments:

  • Poor phil, At least is only a light. And at least you're now a gentleman of independant means rather than a poor student... You don't need to give up beer for a month :-)

    By Blogger Pygmaeus, at 7:31 PM  

  • Incidently Philbert, you might be interested in this - it's from those Mash-up artists i showed you while we were still in Williamstown: http://www.myspace.com/team9 A mash up of Muse and the Killers. I love it!

    By Blogger Pygmaeus, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home