Facebook killed my blog
So I had this vague recollection of having a blog. Fortunately in a rare case of organisation I'd actually written my password down somewhere, and here it is, it lives. Facebok really has taken over in the distance communication field!
Not that a huge amount of stuf has happened in the last few months, becoming one of these work during week, party at weekend and start again type of people, without havign exciting travel stories etc. Though I am off to Sydney next week for a conference, paid for by the boss (cheers Ed), staying in a backpackers in the city centre (Base backpackers anyone?) and as Adam has recently moved up there there will no doubt be a certain level of celebrating to be done. Just need to find a reason now...
I've also been going through many phases recently, I read all about furniture making and woodworking, then realised I couldn't afford the setting up costs and don't own a shed. Then I've just gone through a "let's buy an investment property" phase, which didn't last very long as it was overtaken by the stock market. Not that I did anything except buy a book about it.
Now it's an exercise fitness phase. Which so far has involved sitting on the internet and surfing for gyms, then driving to them. This was all triggered by an embarassing moment at the weekend when I couldn't stretch a bow fully because it was so strong a line (80lbs). Enough to make me realise that although I've kept the beergut at bay my current excercise regime of going to the car and back is not the healthiest and my biceps currently look as big as angelina jolie's. Assuming hers are pathetically small.
S'pose I should mention work, seeing as it's ruling my life. After another change in my timetable, Ed has decided to... change it again. So in September I'm switching to a four week roster which should increase my hours a bit (ie more pay), and hopefully will be doing entire weekends by myself soon.
Ciao people, especially those who still have the tenacity to be checking this blog after months of inactivity!
Not that a huge amount of stuf has happened in the last few months, becoming one of these work during week, party at weekend and start again type of people, without havign exciting travel stories etc. Though I am off to Sydney next week for a conference, paid for by the boss (cheers Ed), staying in a backpackers in the city centre (Base backpackers anyone?) and as Adam has recently moved up there there will no doubt be a certain level of celebrating to be done. Just need to find a reason now...
I've also been going through many phases recently, I read all about furniture making and woodworking, then realised I couldn't afford the setting up costs and don't own a shed. Then I've just gone through a "let's buy an investment property" phase, which didn't last very long as it was overtaken by the stock market. Not that I did anything except buy a book about it.
Now it's an exercise fitness phase. Which so far has involved sitting on the internet and surfing for gyms, then driving to them. This was all triggered by an embarassing moment at the weekend when I couldn't stretch a bow fully because it was so strong a line (80lbs). Enough to make me realise that although I've kept the beergut at bay my current excercise regime of going to the car and back is not the healthiest and my biceps currently look as big as angelina jolie's. Assuming hers are pathetically small.
S'pose I should mention work, seeing as it's ruling my life. After another change in my timetable, Ed has decided to... change it again. So in September I'm switching to a four week roster which should increase my hours a bit (ie more pay), and hopefully will be doing entire weekends by myself soon.
Ciao people, especially those who still have the tenacity to be checking this blog after months of inactivity!


2 Comments:
Check it Davis!
Look who's still reading. It really must be a slow Friday. What the hell do you mean by "streching a bow"?
By
Anonymous, at 12:25 AM
As in pulling on the string before you shoot it...
By
Anonymous, at 9:40 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home